Upper Key Stage Two Topics for the Autumn Term
- Place value
- Four main operations
- Multiplying/ dividing by 10,100,1000
- Prime, square, cubed numbers, factors, multiples
- Missing number problems, sequences
- Grammar- verbs, adverbs, nouns, adjectives, prepositions, conjunctions, punctuation
- Weekly comprehension groups
- Extended writing to include- descriptive writing, letters, biography, autobiography, tourist information leaflets, poetry
This topic will involve looking closely at the history of this American state; from the Native Americans, to the first European settlers, the arrival of the railroad, the gold rush and the birth of the film industry. Geography will focus on earthquakes- particularly regarding the San Andreas fault and weather patterns and terrain within California.
- Earth and Space
- Prayers Saints and Feasts
Homework: The following will be given each week- issue and collection days may vary according to the class the children are in.
- 10 spellings to be learnt and put in sentences
- 5 vocab words to research in preparation for the following week’s comprehension
- Reading comprehension
- Measures sheet to learn and be tested on each week- these tests will be stuck in the back of the homework books.
Chinese Shadow Theatre