Foundation Governor Vacancy
United through Jesus in Faith, Love and Learning
St Paul’s Catholic Primary School Governing Board
FOUNDATION GOVERNOR VACANCY
St Paul’s Catholic Primary School are actively looking for two Foundation Governors to join our Governing Board. You must be a practising Catholic and willing to commit to a term of office of four years from the date of appointment.
Foundation Governors are personally appointed by Bishop Philip, Bishop of Portsmouth to diocesan schools to represent his interests and those of the Catholic community as a whole. The governors of a school work as a team, in close co-operation with the headteacher and all the staff.
As a Foundation Governor you will share the responsibilities of all governors:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
In addition to this, Foundation Governors are appointed specifically to ensure:
- that the religious character of the school is preserved
- that the school is conducted in accordance with its trust deed
- that the religious education curriculum is in accordance with the Bishop’s policy for this Diocese
To deliver the best for our pupils, staff, parents/carers and whole community we need a full complement of governors. To operate effectively, a governing board must have governors with a variety of skills who are willing to share ideas and workload and provide support and challenge in equal measure.
We are looking for practising committed Catholics with the time and enthusiasm to be a school governor and to work with a strong established team to support our school and enrich our children’s educational experience.
The Diocese of Portsmouth website has lots of information on the role of a foundation governor and we would suggest that you take a look at this prior to taking the next step to applying for the position - Home | Portsmouth Diocese | England
If you would like to find out more about the role or chat to one of our existing governors before making a commitment, then please contact the clerk to governors firstname.lastname@example.org
or Catholic Academies and School Office email@example.com