Upper Key Stage Two Topics for the Spring Term
- Area/ perimeter of rectangles, compound shapes, parallelograms, triangles
- 3D shapes- properties, nets, volume
- Surface area
- Parts of a circle- diameter, radius
- Co- ordinates
- Data handling including pie charts
- Revision of the four main operations and fractions
- Grammar- verbs-tenses, adverbs, nouns, adjectives, prepositions, conjunctions, all punctuation
- Weekly comprehension groups
- Extended writing to include- descriptive writing, myths and legends, journalistic writing, explanation text, play scripts, information leaflets, poetry
This topic will involve looking closely at the history of China from the Shang Dynasty to the modern day, culture, myths and legends, food, calligraphy and art, Chinese New Year, geographical features of China- rivers, cities, climate, native plants and animals.
Homework: The following will be given each week- issue and collection days may vary according to the class the children are in.
- 10 spellings to be learnt and put in sentences
- 5 vocab words to research in preparation for the following week’s comprehension
- Reading comprehension
- Measures sheet to learn and be tested on each week- these tests will be stuck in the back of the homework books.
Black History Week