Year 6 PGL Trip to Windmill Hill
Please follow the attached link to access the blog. It may not be updated everyday - they might all be having too much fun!
Upper Key Stage Two Topics for the Summer Term
· Year 6- SATs preparation and revision
· Year 5 - Algebra
- Four main operations
- Angles, use of the protractor
- Area and perimeter
- General revision for end of year assessments
· Grammar- verbs-tenses, adverbs, nouns, adjectives, prepositions, conjunctions, all punctuation
· Weekly comprehension groups
· Extended writing to include- descriptive writing, narrative, explanation text, information leaflets, poetry
This topic will involve looking closely at the history of Chocolate from Cortex and the Aztecs to the modern day confectionery we know today. Activities will include taste testing, designing and making a chocolate bar and marketing the product appropriately (packaging, adverts ect)
· Living things and their habitats
· Animals including humans
· Pentecost and Mission
Homework: The following will be given each week- issue and collection days may vary according to the class the children are in.
· 10 spellings to be learnt and put in sentences
· 5 vocab words to research in preparation for the following week’s comprehension
· Reading comprehension
· Measures sheet to learn and be tested on each week- these tests will be stuck in the back of the homework books.